Concrete is one of the most versatile materials out there. A skilled contractor can make concrete look like practically anything you can imagine, including brick, stone, and even wood. In fact, people often ask us how to make concrete look like wood planks. This style gives you the beautiful appearance of wood with the durability and minimal maintenance that comes with concrete. We can customize any project with a combination of stamps and colors. Here’s how.
Stamped Concrete that Looks Like Wood
Concrete is an extremely flexible material when it comes to style options. We often use stamp patterns to make concrete resemble other materials, including wood boards with textured wood grain. You’d be amazed at the level of detail you can see in the texture of these “wood” planks!
Because concrete is so versatile, you can customize your wood stamped concrete to match your home’s aesthetic and your personal sense of style. No matter what you choose, stamped concrete designs usually look even better when we add color in addition to texture.
Adding Color to Concrete
We use several different methods to add beautiful colors to concrete. The best method for your project depends on the look you want.
- Integrated colors are added during the mixing process to change the hue of your concrete before it’s poured.
- Concrete stains are added after concrete has been poured to produce vivid colors and a glossy, smooth surface that looks great on interior floors.
- Dyed concrete, while similar to stained concrete, is often better for achieving bright, vibrant colors.
- Color hardeners are great for creating a strong, solid color. We hand-lay color hardeners after your concrete is poured.
- Paint works well on concrete too, usually when you want a solid color.
If you want stamped concrete that looks like wood, it’s important to get the color right. The color method we use may depend on the type of faux wood surface you want. For example, we might recommend a different color strategy for a rustic deck than for a smooth, classy interior floor.
Where Are the Best Places for Stamped Concrete that Looks Like Wood?
This type of decorative concrete is ideal in any place where real wood is in danger of rotting or getting damaged by the elements. It can work beautifully in many other areas too. Here are just a few examples:
- Decorative concrete patios
- Interior wood stamped concrete floors
- Wood stamped concrete walls
- Concrete countertops that look like wood
Many people don’t realize how great concrete is as a countertop material. Properly sealed concrete is impervious to stains, resistant to cracks, and very easy to clean.
There’s really no limit to what you can design with concrete stamp patterns and color customization. For example, you might decide on a patio with stamped concrete that looks like wood in one area but resembles cobblestone in another area. Or maybe you want your interior floors to look like wood in the living room and tiles in the kitchen. It’s all up to you.
Just let us know what you want, and we’ll work with you to make it happen.
Considering Wood Stamped Concrete for Your Home?
At GWC Decorative Concrete, we’re experts in both design and craftsmanship. We pride ourselves on elegant, durable results at an affordable price.
Want to learn more? Call GWC Decorative Concrete today at (503) 849-0901 or contact us online.